SENIOR SAFETY Lance Mitchell and junior fullback Clayton York have been named defensive and special…
GAME NOTES: MULTIPLE BEAVS COME UP BIG IN WIN
• Jovan Stevenson's second-quarter touchdown was his first of the season and second of his career. His first came in 2009 against Washington State. • Stevenson finished with a career-best 99 yards rushing on 17 carries.
• Sean Mannion finished with 267 yards passing, giving him four consecutive games with more than 200 yards passing. That's the best stretch since Sean Canfield had seven straight games in 2009.
• Mannion joins Canfield, Matt Moore, Derek Anderson and Jonathan Smith as quarterbacks who have thrown for at least 200 yards in four straight games or more dating back to 2001.
• Clayton York's punt block for touchdown was his first career score of any kind.
• Joe Halahuni finished with touchdown receptions in the second and fourth quarters, giving him 12 for his career. That surpasses Jeff Kollberg (1969-71) 10th and ties Roddy Tompkins (1996-99) for ninth in school history.
• Trevor Romaine connected on three field goals to up his total to nine on the season. He needs six more to tie for ninth in OSU career history.
• Michael Doctor's interception in the second quarter was the first of his career.
• Lance Mitchell recovered his third career fumble and first of the season in the third quarter.
• Mitchell later intercepted first pass of the season and sixth of his career.
• Dylan Wynn recovered a fumble in the first half and is one shy of tying Osia Lewis (1985), Mitch Meeuwsen (2001) and Alan Darlin (2006) for the most (four) in a single season.
• The official stat book may ultimately deem one of the tackles for no gain but it appeared Scott Crichton had two more tackles for loss against Arizona. Crichton, a redshirt freshman, led the Pac-12 in that category entering this week's action.
Oregon State Team Notes
• Oregon State snapped a four-game losing streak to start the season. The win snapped a six-game overall losing streak.
• The Beavers last wore their orange uniform tops in defeating USC in the 10th game of the 2010 season. That also marked the Beavers' last win.
• Oregon State improved to 38-15 (.717) in games in the months of October, November and December dating back to 2004.
• Oregon State's second-quarter scoring drive of 17 plays for 92 yards in 8:48 was the longest of the season. The 92 yards is the longest of the year while the 17 plays is tied for the longest with a field goal drive against UCLA.
• The 92-yard drive is Oregon State's longest since a nine-play, 97-yard drive against Stanford in 2008.
• Clayton York's second-quarter punt block and touchdown is the Beavers' first since Damola Adeniji did it against Washington State in 2008.
• Oregon State's 27 points in the second quarter are the most for the Beavers in a quarter since scoring 28 against Arizona in the second in 2003. The final of that game was 52-23.
• Oregon State came into the game being out-scored 63-17 in the second quarter of games this season. After Saturday's second quarter, the Beavers narrowed that margin to 69-44.
• Terron Ward became the 20th different Beaver to start their first career game this season. He's also the fourth different running back to start for the Beavers in 2011.
• Oregon State finished plus-two on turnovers, the Beavers' first game to do so since going plus-one against USC in 2010.
• Oregon State forced the Wildcats into four turnovers, the second straight opponent the Beavers defense was able to do so against. That marks the first time since 2005 that OSU forced two consecutive opponents into four or more turnovers in a game (six turnovers forced against Washington State, then five against California).
• With the victory, the Beavers won their fifth game in the last six matchups against Arizona. Oregon State is 11-2 against the Wildcats dating back to 1999.
BeaverFootball.com Recommended Stories
Isaac Seumalo likely to redshirt, says Riley
THE ISAAC SEUMALO WATCH began in the spring after he broke his foot this past December in the Hawaii Bowl. Then it continued all the way through fall camp. As the regular season began and the weeks…Read More
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SAFETY Justin Strong remains listed as the No. 2 strong safety on the depth chart. But it’s hard to imagine Beaver fans won't see a good deal of him at Stanford based on his…Read More
Pac-12 Hoops Media Day Notebook
SAN FRANCISCO -- Some quick hit comments from Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott on the state of the Pac-12 and some new initiatives that are coming this men's basketball season, including an update on…Read More
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More