Search this site
Junior College Football
Oregon State Home
GAME NOTES: MULTIPLE BEAVS COME UP BIG IN WIN
JOE HALAHUNI HAD TWO TD GRABS
the staff of BF.C
Posted Oct 8, 2011
GO AHEAD, TAKE as much time as you'd like. Lance Mitchell? Clayton York? Sean Mannion? Jovan Stevenson? Scott Crichton? Jordan Poyer? Joe Halahuni? Dylan Wynn? Michael Doctor? The entire o-line? The entire d-line? The fact is there were just too many strong individual performances in Oregon State’s 37-27 thrilling victory over Arizona to try and pick only one.
Oregon State Individual Notes
’s second-quarter touchdown was his first of the season and second of his career. His first came in 2009 against Washington State. • Stevenson finished with a career-best 99 yards rushing on 17 carries.
finished with 267 yards passing, giving him four consecutive games with more than 200 yards passing. That’s the best stretch since
had seven straight games in 2009.
• Mannion joins Canfield,
as quarterbacks who have thrown for at least 200 yards in four straight games or more dating back to 2001.
’s punt block for touchdown was his first career score of any kind.
finished with touchdown receptions in the second and fourth quarters, giving him 12 for his career. That surpasses Jeff Kollberg (1969-71) 10th and ties Roddy Tompkins (1996-99) for ninth in school history.
connected on three field goals to up his total to nine on the season. He needs six more to tie for ninth in OSU career history.
’s interception in the second quarter was the first of his career.
recovered his third career fumble and first of the season in the third quarter.
• Mitchell later intercepted first pass of the season and sixth of his career.
recovered a fumble in the first half and is one shy of tying Osia Lewis (1985), Mitch Meeuwsen (2001) and
(2006) for the most (four) in a single season.
• The official stat book may ultimately deem one of the tackles for no gain but it appeared
had two more tackles for loss against Arizona. Crichton, a redshirt freshman, led the Pac-12 in that category entering this week's action.
Oregon State Team Notes
• Oregon State snapped a four-game losing streak to start the season. The win snapped a six-game overall losing streak.
• The Beavers last wore their orange uniform tops in defeating USC in the 10th game of the 2010 season. That also marked the Beavers’ last win.
• Oregon State improved to 38-15 (.717) in games in the months of October, November and December dating back to 2004.
• Oregon State’s second-quarter scoring drive of 17 plays for 92 yards in 8:48 was the longest of the season. The 92 yards is the longest of the year while the 17 plays is tied for the longest with a field goal drive against UCLA.
• The 92-yard drive is Oregon State’s longest since a nine-play, 97-yard drive against Stanford in 2008.
• Clayton York’s second-quarter punt block and touchdown is the Beavers’ first since
did it against Washington State in 2008.
• Oregon State's 27 points in the second quarter are the most for the Beavers in a quarter since scoring 28 against Arizona in the second in 2003. The final of that game was 52-23.
• Oregon State came into the game being out-scored 63-17 in the second quarter of games this season. After Saturday’s second quarter, the Beavers narrowed that margin to 69-44.
became the 20th different Beaver to start their first career game this season. He’s also the fourth different running back to start for the Beavers in 2011.
• Oregon State finished plus-two on turnovers, the Beavers’ first game to do so since going plus-one against USC in 2010.
• Oregon State forced the Wildcats into four turnovers, the second straight opponent the Beavers defense was able to do so against. That marks the first time since 2005 that OSU forced two consecutive opponents into four or more turnovers in a game (six turnovers forced against Washington State, then five against California).
• With the victory, the Beavers won their fifth game in the last six matchups against Arizona. Oregon State is 11-2 against the Wildcats dating back to 1999.
York and Mitchell named Pac-12 POW
Oct 10, 2011
BF.C KEYS: Oregon State vs. BYU
Oct 14, 2011
RILEY: More Halahuni, more run game
Oct 18, 2011
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from BeaverFootball.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Booker T. Washington HS > Alumni
Football > Orting Senior HS > Alumni
Football > Redmond HS > Alumni
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft