OREGON STATE could not control Cal's ground game as Isi Sofele rushed for a career-high 190 yards…
NOTES: Cook, Rodgers make their mark
• The game marked Oregon State's second at AT&T Park. The first came in 2007 against Maryland in the Emerald Bowl.
• Kevin Cummings made the first start of his career becoming the 23rd first time starter in 2011.
Oregon State Individual Notes
• James Rodgers made six receptions, moving him into sole possession of second place in OSU history with 218 catches – passing James Newson. He needs two to tie Mike Hass for most in team history.
• Brandin Cooks returned his first career kick to start the game. He returned it 44 yards.
• Lance Mitchell intercepted his second pass of the season in the first quarter. It was the seventh of his career.
• Trevor Romaine's first quarter touchback is the ninth of the season for OSU extending his single season school record (since kickoffs were moved to the 30 yard line in 2007).
• Sean Mannion passed for 247 yards – his ninth consecutive game of 200 or more yards.
• The game aired on Comcast California and ROOT Sports Northwest. Roxy Bernstein did play-by-play with Mike Pawlawski and Steve Preece serving as analysts. Amy Gutierrez was the sideline analyst.
• Oregon State won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. Stanford received the ball from the North end zone.
• Oregon State captains at the start of the game were James Rodgers, Cameron Collins, Lance Mitchell and Dylan Wynn.
• Oregon State wore white uniform tops with black pants while California wore gold uniform tops, blue pants and blue helmets.
BeaverFootball.com Recommended Stories
WTS: So about those OSU bowl plans ...
OREGON STATE's record stands at 4-3. They need only two wins in their next five games to become bowl eligible. Scribes near and far, however, were decidedly pessimistic on their chances to do that…Read More
Oregon State loses in a rout
OREGON STATE NEVER mounted a charge, never swing momentum their way in a 38-14 loss at Stanford on Saturday. The Beavs fell to 4-3 (1-3 Pac-12), as Sean Mannion and the Beaver offense struggled all…Read More
VERBAL: 3-star corner Dameon Baber to Beavs
DAMEON BABER, a three-star corner with offers from Oregon State, Arizona and others announced on Twitter Sunday night he has verbally committed to Mike Riley and Oregon State. Scout.com national…Read More
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More