OREGON STATE could not control Cal's ground game as Isi Sofele rushed for a career-high 190 yards…
NOTES: Cook, Rodgers make their mark
• The game marked Oregon State's second at AT&T Park. The first came in 2007 against Maryland in the Emerald Bowl.
• Kevin Cummings made the first start of his career becoming the 23rd first time starter in 2011.
Oregon State Individual Notes
• James Rodgers made six receptions, moving him into sole possession of second place in OSU history with 218 catches – passing James Newson. He needs two to tie Mike Hass for most in team history.
• Brandin Cooks returned his first career kick to start the game. He returned it 44 yards.
• Lance Mitchell intercepted his second pass of the season in the first quarter. It was the seventh of his career.
• Trevor Romaine's first quarter touchback is the ninth of the season for OSU extending his single season school record (since kickoffs were moved to the 30 yard line in 2007).
• Sean Mannion passed for 247 yards – his ninth consecutive game of 200 or more yards.
• The game aired on Comcast California and ROOT Sports Northwest. Roxy Bernstein did play-by-play with Mike Pawlawski and Steve Preece serving as analysts. Amy Gutierrez was the sideline analyst.
• Oregon State won the toss and elected to defer to the second half. Stanford received the ball from the North end zone.
• Oregon State captains at the start of the game were James Rodgers, Cameron Collins, Lance Mitchell and Dylan Wynn.
• Oregon State wore white uniform tops with black pants while California wore gold uniform tops, blue pants and blue helmets.
BeaverFootball.com Recommended Stories
OSU vs. Stanford: Beav WRs young, ranks thin
WHEN OREGON STATE plays Stanford on Saturday, two of the three starting receivers are expected to be different than the group that began the season.Read More
Beavs: RT Andrews out 2-4, Stanton to start
WITH GAVIN ANDREWS out 2-4 weeks with a hairline fracture of his ankle, converted tight end Dustin Stanton will run with the 1's this week in practice in advance of making his first career start at…Read More
OSU Notebook: Beavs banged up
IT’S OPTIMAL TO be heading into a physical, smash-mouth game to be as close to full health as possible. Oregon State will go into Stanford (Saturday, 12:30 p.m.) far, far away from that.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More