Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
NOTEBOOK: Beavs make it 7-of-last-8 over UW
the staff of BF.C
Posted Nov 19, 2011
OREGON STATE MAY be suffering through a losing season but that doesn't mean the Huskies can figure them out. The Beavs win on Saturday over UW made it 7-of-the-last-8 notched in the victory column for Oregon State over Washington.
Oregon State Team Notes
• Oregon State’s win was the Beavers’ seventh in their last eight games over the Huskies. OSU has a three-game winning streak at home in the series and has not lost at Reser Stadium since 2003.
• The Beavers improved to 40-19 in the months of October, November and December dating back to December 2004. That’s a winning percentage of .678.
• Oregon State’s win was its 53rd at home dating back to 2000, trailing only Oregon (61) and USC (58) for the most at home during that stretch in the Pac-12.
Oregon State Individual Notes
ended the game with four receptions, giving him 222 for his career and passing former wide receiver Mike Hass (220) for the most catches in program history. Rodgers injured his ankle in the first half and didn't return, putting his availability in question for the Beavs' final game against Oregon.
• Rodgers scored on a 6-yard pass in the first quarter to give him 19 receiving touchdowns for his career. That ties him for third in team history with Vern Burke. He trails both James Newson and Mike Hass, who both had 20 in their careers, and are the program leaders.
threw for 339 yards after completing 26-of-37 passes. He has 3,033 yards on the season, becoming the fifth different OSU QB to throw for more than 3,000 yards in a single-season (and his total is sixth-best). He joins Derek Anderson (three times),
, Jonathan Smith and Matt Moore in doing so.
• Mannion’s 3,033 yards passing this season also places him 10th on OSU’s career list.
• Mannion’s 339-yards passing gives him 10 straight games with 200 or more yards passing. Only Derek Anderson (13 straight in 2003) has a better streak in a single-season dating back to 2001.
had three fourth-quarter touchdowns, giving him five on the season and six for his career. It’s his first career multi-rushing TD game and he’s the second Beaver to score three touchdowns in a game this season.
also had three rushing touchdowns in the opener against Sacramento State.
forced his team-leading and OSU single-season fifth fumble of the season in the fourth quarter.
recovered the fumble, his second of the season.
• Crichton also finished with two sacks giving him six on the season.
connected on his 15th field goal of the season and his career in the second quarter. He’s now tied for ninth in OSU career history with Mike Haggard (1965-67), Lynn Boston (1970-71) and Jim Nielsen (1984-85).
ran for 29 yards on a first-quarter carry, marking his longest rush of the season.
caught his first career pass in the first quarter for a 6-yard touchdown.
’s 58-yard reception was the longest of his career, surpassing a previous long of 25 yards.
’s fourth-quarter interception was the first of his career.
Riley talks Civil War and more
Nov 21, 2011
INSIDE SLANT: UW vs. Oregon State
Nov 17, 2011
CIVIL WAR: Beavs must tackle well in space
Nov 22, 2011
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from BeaverFootball.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Ayala (Ruben S.) HS > Alumni
Football > Lake Oswego HS > Alumni
Football > Lamar Consolidated HS > Alumni
Football > Oakland Technical HS > Alumni
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft