Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
NOTEBOOK: Civil War
the staff of BF.C
Posted Nov 26, 2011
OREGON WENT FOR it on fourth down four times in the Civil War, tying the season-high for an opponent against Oregon State. Oregon was 0-for-4 on Saturday. But apart from that, far too little went the Beavers way.
’s 58-yard touchdown pass to
in the second quarter was the third-longest scoring play of the season, and fourth of more than 50 yards, for the Beavers.
• The game concluded Oregon State’s season at 3-9.
• The game marked just the second time this season the Beavers did not attempt a field goal. That also happened in the second game of the season against Wisconsin.
Oregon State Individual Notes
• Sean Mannion threw for 299 yards on 27-of-42 passing, giving him 11 consecutive games with 200 or more yards. That’s two shy of Derek Anderson’s 13 straight during the 2003 season, the most by an OSU quarterback over the last decade.
• Mannion’s 299 passing yards gives him 3,328 on the season, the third-best single-season mark in Oregon State history, trailing only Derek Anderson in 2003 (4,058) and 2004 (3,615).
• Mannion’s season-total of 3,328 passing yards is also now good for ninth in Oregon State career passing.
• Johnny Hekker had punts of 52 yards and 60 yards, respectively. He has had at least one 60-yard punt in six of the Beavers’ 12 games this season.
• Hekker ended the game with three punts inside the 20, giving him 20 on the season.
finished with 39 yards receiving, giving him (986) on the season, the 10th-best mark in single-season team history.
• Wheaton also finished the season with 73 catches after grabbing two Saturday, which is the ninth-best total in a single-season at OSU.
received the kick to start the game. It marked his first career kickoff return.
• Jovan Stevenson’s 58-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter was not only his longest catch of his career, but also his first receiving TD.
started the 44th game of his career, putting home into sole possession of sixth in OSU career history. It also marked his 37th consecutive start.
extended OSU record with a forced fumble in the third quarter, his sixth of the season.
recovered the ball for his first career fumble recovery.
• Redshirt frosh Crichton set a career-high with 12 tackles. His previous high was 11 against UCLA.
recorded his first career sack in the fourth quarter.
’ 26-yard reception in the fourth quarter marked a career-long. He later caught his first career touchdown on a 19-yard pass from Sean Mannion.
’ fourth-quarter touchdown, a 23-yard pass from Sean Mannion, was his third of the season.
forced his first career fumble on a kickoff in the fourth quarter.
recovered the fumble, the first of his career.
By the numbers: Ducks vs. Beavs
Nov 25, 2011
Riley has much to address in offseason
Nov 28, 2011
CIVIL WAR: Beavs must tackle well in space
Nov 22, 2011
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from BeaverFootball.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft