- Oregon State won the toss and deferred to the second half.
- Captains for OSU were Sean Canfield, Keaton Kristick, Stephen Paea and
- Oregon State wore its all white
uniforms while Cal sported yellow tops with white bottoms.
- The announced attendance was 56, 496.
- Weather: 58 degrees, Wind: swirling, clear
- The game took three hours and 16 minutes to play.
- Cal still leads the series 33-29 including 19-15 in Memorial Stadium.
- The Beavers have won five in a row in Berkeley. The longest winning
streak against the Bears by a Pac-10 team. The last time Cal won at
home versus OSU was in 1997.
- OSU has won three straight against the Bears and nine of the last 11.
Special teams notes:
- K Justin Kahut made one of two field goal attempts, making his kick
from 24 yards out, but pushing his 50-yard boot to the left.
He made all four extra points.
- P Johnny Hekker booted the pigskin four times for a 40.2 average.
Two of his kicks landed inside the twenty.
Hekker has averaged over 40 yards a punt in every game this year except against Arizona.
- Cal chose to kick away from James Rodgers on punts and kickoffs
as he returned just one punt for nine yards.
- The usually reliable PR Taylor Kavanaugh fumbled one punt, but
fortunately recovered his own miscue.
- The Beavers are now 6-3 overall on the season and are bowl eligible for
the fourth consecutive season, a school record.
"Now we're just going to keep going and try to get better and play our best game next week, that's a beautiful way to live," coach Mike Riley said. "I'm really proud of our team because they focused and played hard in every game.
"I think we have gotten better in a lot of ways and I think if we can keep doing that, who knows what can happen."
- The average starting position for OSU - its own 35. For Cal, its
- Cal converted just 1 of 6 third downs in the second half.
- In Cal's last 39 home games, the Bears are 0-7 against Southern
California and Oregon State and 32-0 against all other opponents.
- The Beavs have won seven of its last 13 games against nationally ranked
opponents, including four on the road – at No. 24 Hawai'i in 2006 (35-32),
at No. 2 Cal in 2007 (31-28), at No. 18 Oregon in '07 (38-31, OT) and at No.
23 Cal in '09 (31-14).
- Oregon State has outscored its opponents 266-85 in the 1st quarter over
the last 49 games, 231-61 in the last 24. The Beavers have allowed just 17
points (USC-7, ARIZ-7, ASU-3) in the last 10 first quarters combined, dating
back to last year.
- The Beavers have won four of their last five games.